Apply for Services

Currently, RTCA is only accepting applications during October, November and December for critical repairs for the spring and summer of 2019.   We are a nonprofit organization that repairs homes at no cost for neighbors in need, people with disabilities, older adults, families with small children and veterans. Almost all work is done by volunteers and is paid for by donations from businesses, civic organizations, churches and individuals. Repairs and modifications made to each home are limited by these factors.......
To be eligible:

  • You must have limited income
  • You must have proof of home ownership
  • You must currently live in the home for which you are requesting repairs for a minimum of five years---we do not work on rented, unoccupied, abandoned or condemned houses
  • You must live in Montgomery, Elmore or Autauga Counties.


  • We are unable to work on mobile homes
  • We encourage you to have all able-bodied family members and friends work alongside our volunteers if your home is selected.
  • We cannot guarantee that all repairs requested will be addressed; we will do all that we can do given the funds, materials, and           the skills of the labor at our disposal.
  • A new application must be submitted each year. There is no waiting list carried over from one year to the next.

If you believe you or someone you know is eligible for our program, we encourage you to download and fill out the application linked below. It is important that you complete the entire application and attach copies of all documents of proof to the application prior to returning it to our office. If you complete the online application, you are still responsible for mailing copies of proof of income and home ownership to RTCA at P O Box 6041, Montgomery, AL 36106-6041.  Our House Selection Committee will review all applications in January and someone within our organization may contact you to discuss your application and arrange for a site visit. If you have any questions please call 334-625-9062.

Click here to download a paper application, or

Click here to fill out an online application